Architecture Studio 1 (11023.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Michael JASPER (Ph: +61 2 62012265 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 MS Ann CLEARY (Ph: +61 2 62012095 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184190) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In Architecture Studio 1, cumulative exercises explore the architectonics of form, space and material. Building on the basic architectural knowledge and skills attained in previous units, this studio introduces students to a further level of complexity in the processes of investigation, critical observation, and experimentation. Creative and analytical skills are developed through studies in abstraction, interpretation and synthesis. A range of complex issues including material, structure, brief, site, history and theory are investigated in relationship to the creation of architectural form.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse a range of architectural issues drawn from architectural briefs in specific settings;
2. Investigate through drawings and models form composition devices and strategies that explore form, space, material and use;
3. Interpret architectural concepts in response to site and orientation; and
4. Analyse and implement appropriate strategies and tools to support verbal, graphic and 3-dimensional communication and presentation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- PROJECT 1: a model with plans and sections representing the scope of Project 1 (10% )
- PROJECT 2: complete set of drawings and models representing the scope of Project 2 (35% )
- PROJECT 3: complete set of drawings and models representing the scope of Project 3 and e_Portfolio (55% (= 45% Project 3 + 10% e_Portfolio) )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour lecture on-campus and one 3 hour studio on-campus per week.
11020 BE: Design Studio.
9777 Design Studio 2.1 (Architecture).