Professional Orientation (Commerce) (11010.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MR Mark HUGHES (Ph: +61 2 62012695 ) FLEXIBLE 2021 Semester 2 MR Mark HUGHES (Ph: +61 2 62012695 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (204084) - View
- Global Pathways Program Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, SVKM (197785) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197787) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197786) - View
- Global Pathways Program Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, SVKM (192567) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (197219) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184768) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184767) - View
- Global Pathways Program Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, SVKM (190340) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183231) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183225) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit has focus on transition into university, and looking forward towards the transition out of university into the workplace. All aspects of the unit will be considered through an evidence-based professional lens (i.e. not simply foundational university skills, but putting these skills within their professional contexts). This unit also provides an understanding of skills required by graduates of a commerce degree.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify the personal skills, capabilities and knowledge necessary to meet the work standards expected by commerce graduates in the workplace, and develop a personal and academic plan to achieve these;
2. Map out their academic and professional trajectories over the next five years in an ePortfolio;
3. Be able to articulate the importance of career planning; and
4. Develop an appropriate personal brand using an online portal.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai
Two hours per week (one 1 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial).
9799 Foundations of Professional Planning, 11011 Professional Orientation (Business), 11012 Professional Orientation (Government & Policy) and 11507 Professional Orientation (Fundamentals).
- MGB001 Bachelor of Accounting
- 182JA Bachelor of Accounting
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- MGB201 Bachelor of Business Administration
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- MGB305 Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
- MGB301 Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- MGB302 Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- MGB303 Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Banking)
- MGB304 Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning)
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 184JA Bachelor of Finance
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce