Engaging with LANTITE (10453.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Winter Term DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198666) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit requires students to successfully complete both components of the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education (LANTITE). It is a threshold component for all undergraduate programs of Initial Teacher Education at the University of Canberra. Students will achieve either an ungraded pass or a fail grade for this unit. Students will have access to preparatory/support materials to assist with engagement with the test; if students fail one or both components (Literacy and Numeracy), they will be required to complete targeted workshops focused on literacy and numeracy support, but also on test-taking strategies (i.e. deductive reasoning in multiple choice tests) before reattempting the test.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate literacy and numeracy achievement equivalent to the top 30 per cent of the Australian adult population (see https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/about); and
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply test-taking strategies, including deductive reasoning, time management and following instructions.
Support within this unit is available to students as needed. There is no weekly teaching allocation.
This unit is only available to students in an undergraduate program of Initial Teacher Education.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science