Using Design Principles and Technologies in Education (10451.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198664) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the role of technologies and design in education. Students will develop an understanding of how to implement, assess, and capitalise on affordances of current technologies; how to approach emerging technologies for use in education; and how to use design principles when integrating technologies into education.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recognise and interpret theoretical frameworks for teaching with technology;
2. Evaluate existing technologies and their potential for integration into learning contexts;
3. Implement principles of design for integrating technologies;
4. Assess and classify emerging technologies and their use for education; and
5. Recognise relevant issues and understand strategies available to support the safe, responsible and ethical use of technologies (including ICT) in learning and teaching.
Three hours per week of lecture and/or interactive workshop on campus.
Must have passed 24 credit points.
9895 Principles of Learning & Teaching Materials Design and
9878 Information Communication Technology Literacy
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science