Using Design Principles and Technologies in Education (10451.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS
This unit examines the role of technologies and design in education. Students will develop an understanding of how to implement, assess, and capitalise on affordances of current technologies; how to approach emerging technologies for use in education; and how to use design principles when integrating technologies into education.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recognise and interpret theoretical frameworks for teaching with technology;
2. Evaluate existing technologies and their potential for integration into learning contexts;
3. Implement principles of design for integrating technologies;
4. Assess and classify emerging technologies and their use for education; and
5. Recognise relevant issues and understand strategies available to support the safe, responsible and ethical use of technologies (including ICT) in learning and teaching.
Three hours per week of lecture and/or interactive workshop on campus.
Must have passed 24 credit points.
9895 Principles of Learning & Teaching Materials Design and
9878 Information Communication Technology Literacy
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science