Foundations of Psychology (10444.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Winter Term DR Caroline NG TSEUNG WONG TAK WAN (Ph: +61 2 62012569 ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Semester 2 DR Caroline NG TSEUNG WONG TAK WAN (Ph: +61 2 62012569 ) FLEXIBLE
In this unit students are introduced to the foundations of psychology. An overview of the main theoretical frameworks and methods used in Psychology is provided. These theories and methods are applied to research areas such as sensation and perception; consciousness; learning; human memory; language and thought; motivation and emotion, personality and intelligence; and cross-cultural and indigenous psychology.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe some of the main research areas in Psychology;
2. Explain the major psychological theories and findings relevant to these main study areas;
3. Reflect and engage with the psychological literature; and
4. Apply the American Psychological Association's (APA) referencing conventions in their writing.
Two hours of lectures and one hour of tutorials per week in flexible mode.
4310 Psychology 102
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 780AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws