Applications of Learning and Memory PG (10438.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ilyse RESNICK (Ph: +61 2 62068536 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Ilyse RESNICK (Ph: +61 2 62068536 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 1 DR Ilyse RESNICK (Ph: +61 2 62068536 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Ilyse RESNICK (Ph: +61 2 62068536 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197342) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
A goal of education is for students to learn and remember what is taught. However, HOW students learn is not always straight forward. This unit will explore the application of learning and memory findings in educational contexts. A general survey of learning and memory findings, including animal and human experiments, will be discussed. Students will explore relevant research, theories, and useful knowledge surrounding important educational questions of learning and memory and understand this knowledge in relation to educational contexts.
After successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Identify and describe general principles of learning;
2. Identify and describe general principles of memory;
3. Apply theories of learning and memory to educational contexts;
4. Design learning materials based on learning and memory principles; and
5. Evaluate learning materials on the basis of learning and memory principles.
Three hours of lectures and/or interactive workshops on campus per week.