Contemporary Uses of Digital Technologies in Education PG (10437.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 1 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 1 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197339) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (198393) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the role of digital technologies in contemporary education. Students develop an understanding of how to implement, assess, and capitalise on affordances of current technologies; how policy affects technology in education; and how to approach emerging technologies for use in education.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recognise and interpret theoretical frameworks for teaching with technology;
2. Evaluate existing technologies and their potential for integration into learning contexts;
3. Analyse technological affordances and how they can promote learning;
4. Articulate methods to overcome barriers in integrating educational technologies, considering school and policy contexts; and
5. Assess and classify emerging technologies (such as, hardware, algorithms, environments, and applications) and their use for education.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- On-Campus Attendance is expected in Set Time Blocks (INTENSIVE)
- Semester 1, 2020
Three hours of lectures and/or interactive workshops on campus per week.