Critical Reasoning and Academic Literacy PG (10436.1)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Siewimm TAN (Ph: +61 2 62015697 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Siewimm TAN (Ph: +61 2 62015697 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Siewimm TAN (Ph: +61 2 62015697 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Siewimm TAN (Ph: +61 2 62015697 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197336) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on the development of critical reasoning and academic literacy with the aim of enhancing students' capacities to complete a broad range of assessment types at a progressively higher level while maintaining academic integrity. Students will learn to critically assess arguments in academic writing, to construct sound arguments, and to make effective grammatical choices to produce high quality oral and written work.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define and critically evaluate an argument presented in a text;
2. Demonstrate and justify the selection and implementation of effective oral presentation strategies;
3. Demonstrate strategic use of grammatical resources to achieve coherence and cohesion in written work; and
4. Construct a critically informed argument in a piece of research-based writing that reflects academic integrity.
Three hours of lectures and/or interactive workshops on campus per week.