Implementing the Australian Curriculum (10426.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Zinnia MEVAWALLA (Ph: +61 2 62063868 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Zinnia MEVAWALLA (Ph: +61 2 62063868 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191570) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the notion of curriculum as a contested field. In so doing the unit examines the different levels of curriculum, including the official, written, enacted and received, and the social and political influences
upon curriculum. From this broader perspective the unit introduces specific elements of, and consideration in, curriculum enactment, including designing lessons.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse contested understandings of curriculum;
2. Account for the influence of social and political considerations upon curriculum;
3. Understand and apply principles of curriculum in designing lesson; and
4. Understand and apply a knowledge of their students and school context in designing lessons.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour tutorial on campus per week. 10 days professional placement.
This unit is only available to students in the Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM), Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts), Bachelor of Primary Education (H&PE) and Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education courses.
Students must have passed 24 credit points.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)