Curriculum - Assessment, Planning and Reporting (10425.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Lisa BATUM (Ph: +61 2 62015915 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MS Lisa BATUM (Ph: +61 2 62015915 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194240) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191569) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the curriculum from various perspectives: the political influences upon curriculum, curriculum design and in particular the role of curriculum in planning, assessing and reporting student learning experiences.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the curriculum in terms of: factors influencing its design, structural design of the curriculum, and ease of implementation;
2. Understand and apply principles of curriculum when designing lessons that utilise elements of quality pedagogy;
3. Analyse and design learning area specific assessment strategies (informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative) to inform future teaching;
4. Interpret student assessment data to evaluate student learning and modify teaching practice;
5. Demonstrate use of principles for effective feedback; and
6. Describe strategies used for reporting to students and parents/care givers and the purpose of keeping accurate and reliable records of student achievement.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour tutorial on campus per week for 10 weeks. 10 days professional placement.
Students must have passed 24 credit points including 9919 The Educational Workplace AND 9862 Context of the Education Profession.
Knowledge and WIL experienced gained in pre-requisite units 9919 (The Educational Workplace) and 9862 (Context of the Education Profession).
9868 Curriculum - Planning, Assessment and Reporting