Occupational Therapy in Mental Health PG (10414.1)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MS Bre CAVE (Ph: +61 2 62068568 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200758) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193767) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190024) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will learn the broad skills and knowledge required by all mental health professionals whilst developing an in depth understanding of Recovery principles. Students will develop knowledge of the occupational therapy practice process in mental health and be introduced to common assessments and interventions used in practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the professional scope of practice for occupational therapists in a multi-disciplinary mental health team;
2. Demonstrate integrated knowledge of Recovery (theoretical and practical) for individuals and groups;
3. Demonstrate and appraise occupational therapy process and practice in contemporary mental health contexts; and
4. Critique the social and medical models of disability in mental health, and their impact on individuals.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hour problem based workshops per week.
7743 Counselling Skills and Models PG AND 8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND 9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG
9069 Humans as Occupational Beings 2 PG