Occupational Therapy in Mental Health PG (10414.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 MS Bre CAVE (Ph: +61 2 62068568 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 MS Bre CAVE (Ph: +61 2 62068568 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190024) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will learn the broad skills and knowledge required by all mental health professionals whilst developing an in depth understanding of Recovery principles. Students will develop knowledge of the occupational therapy practice process in mental health and be introduced to common assessments and interventions used in practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the professional scope of practice for occupational therapists in a multi-disciplinary mental health team;
2. Demonstrate integrated knowledge of Recovery (theoretical and practical) for individuals and groups;
3. Demonstrate and appraise occupational therapy process and practice in contemporary mental health contexts; and
4. Critique the social and medical models of disability in mental health, and their impact on individuals.
3 hour problem based workshops per week.
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG
9072 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 2 PG