Assessment of Ocular Health (10408.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Optometry|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Faran SABETI (Ph: +61 2 62068581 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Faran SABETI (Ph: +61 2 62068581 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189912) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with as a comprehensive introduction to the clinical examination of ocular health.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Examine the anterior and posterior segments of the eye using appropriate clinical techniques and describe the optical principles, strengths and limitations of each technique;
2. Describe the principles of the various clinical techniques used for measuring IOP and obtain accurate measurements of IOP in adult subjects;
3. Demonstrate how to care for all equipment involved in ocular health assessment including the techniques necessary for preventing cross infection;
4. Evaluate the principal mechanisms of clinically relevant image acquisition modalities, the potentials and limitations of each method and the importance of multi-modal imaging; and
5. Describe the latest developments in the field of ocular imaging and diagnosis and their clinical relevance.
4 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial/practical
10285 Ocular Anatomy and Phsyiology
10289 Functional and Developmental Disorders of Vision