Advanced Digital Environment (10356.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
This unit focuses on students developing an advanced knowledge of the principles and processes for the development and presentation in the digital design environment. Students will enhance their skills and techniques of digital communication, composition, editing and drafting.
Workshops in this unit will explore advanced digital design processes and methods through the use of varies industry related modelling and software packages.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Use advanced approaches to complex design tasks involving design considerations, constraints, process and management and apply the design approach to design problems;
2. Use a variety of computer design software packages as a means of expressing and communicating an engineering design to AS1100 standards;
3. Function effectively individually and in teams while developing creativity, problem solving, communication, reflective practice and decision-making techniques;
4. Demonstrate an effective level of professionalism through technical communication; and
5. Describe the importance of ethics and safety in engineering design, and embed these issues into the design processes.
On-campus 3 hours per week, consisting of 1 hour lecture and 2 hour workshop.
8330 Digital Environment.
Knowledge and comprehension of the principles and processes that contribute to the digital design environment, including: digital communication, composition, editing and drafting.
10148 Introduction to Built Environment Management.