Using Data to Improve Learning (10354.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Sitti PATAHUDDIN (Ph: +61 2 62015011 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200883) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196001) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193524) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191850) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186829) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186699) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183212) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit addresses the appropriate use of data required of those entering the teaching profession. Nationally, graduates from Initial Teacher Education courses are required to provide evidence from a variety of sources to demonstrate their impact on student learning. This unit addresses the multiple sources of educational data and related community data, the interpretation of this data and the different ways this data can be used. Pre-service teachers will develop an understanding of how to link the interpretation of relevant data to improving their teaching and therefore also improving their students' learning within the classroom.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Select appropriate sources of data to analyse, and interpret so as to improve learning for students;
2. Use appropriate techniques to communicate evidence based upon the data they have collected;
3. Analyse, interpret and effectively communicate the complexity of factors influencing learning to students, parents, and colleagues; and
4. Demonstrate how the use of data can assist in making changes to teaching plans, therefore impacting positively on student learning.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2021
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2021
On-campus 1 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial per week.
Students in the Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies course must have passed 72 credit points.
Students in all other courses must have passed 48 credit points and 9864 Core Mathematics.
Statistics in Education, 9917.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science