Screen Music 2 (10347.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (190817) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190816) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces the student to the orchestra, in particular, orchestral instrumentation and orchestral scoring conventions used in screen composition. It focuses on the analytical study and practical implementation of key exponents and standard conventions in orchestration for differing film genres. It aims to promote an experimental approach within the confines of strict stylistic genres. The student uses industry standard technologies to score original compositions. They orchestrate original music in a variety of ways to complement differing, contemporary film genres.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Employ notation software to score music for orchestra;
2. Identify, notate for and recognise orchestral instruments and related articulations; and
3. Orchestrate a range of pieces suited to a variety of film genres.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera