Stylistic Techniques and Production (10346.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (190823) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190822) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Stylistic Techniques and Production focuses on contemporary production techniques as an integral component of modern song writing. The unit focuses on the analytical study and practical implementation of contemporary music production techniques, key exponents and their songs. It aims to further develop an understanding of the contextual and symbiotic nature of contemporary music and recording techniques and promote an analytical and systematic approach to creativity.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify historically significant stylistic production techniques and innovators;
2. Deconstruct and analyse production techniques;
3. Apply standard production techniques to create fully-produced songs; and
4. Apply written communication skills in creative and academic contexts.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
4 hours per week.
9734 Composition: Stylistic Techniques and Production.