Screen Music (10344.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (190830) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190829) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit transgresses from contemporary songwriting and production to focus on another potentially lucrative aspect of contemporary composition, media composition. The unit is less experimental in nature than Synthesis and Sampling, returning to a more analytical and systematic approach. It focuses on the analytical study of key exponents and significant developments in screen media across differing screen genres. The student explores concepts and techniques in composition and synchronisation in differing commercial contexts. They research and utilise applicable music technologies and apply these in composition, production and delivery. The unit is designed to complement Arranging and Orchestration and is designed to be the last phase of development before an independent project.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify historically significant developments, film genres and composers of screen music;
2. Employ standard methodologies to compose music for two contrasting screen projects;
3. Explore relationships between music and visuals in a series of short musical/visual experiments;
4. Compose music to picture employing; and
5. Apply written communication skills in a range of contexts.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
3 hours per week.
9732 Composition: Screen Music.