Contemporary Counselling Practices PG (10342.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Counselling|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (188304) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (180558) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will significantly deepen their understanding of current and evidenced based counselling theories, modalities and interventions and be given the opportunity to further expand their interventions and develop a broader practice framework.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a deeper knowledge, understanding and practice, of current, evidenced based modalities and techniques for effective counselling;
2. Demonstrate a high level of competence and skills in a range of counselling modalities as applicable to diverse clients groups;
3. Demonstrate a critical in-depth understanding of current theories, concepts and interventions in counselling work; and
4. Work effectively and ethically with a range of clients.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
36 hours in total, 6 x 6 hours sessions of llecture/tutorials/workshops or other delivery mode as appropriate).
Must have passed Counselling Skills and Models PG, 7743, AND Counselling Theories and Concepts PG, 7744.
Must be enrolled in Master of Counselling, 341JA, OR Permission of the Course Convener.
Demonstrated knowledge of counselling skills, theories and practice. Demonstrate level of mature life experience and self awareness shown by the capacity to reflect on and learn from experience, including being open to giving and receiving positive and challenging feedback.