Technology on Stage (10318.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (193857) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (190838) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190837) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (183354) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (183353) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The integration of music technology into performance dominates the live music industry. This unit introduces the student to the integration of digital technologies into live performance. The student performer focuses on the use of music technology to aid in and enhance original live performance. This intermediate level unit develops the students creative approach to performance practice, introducing the student to integrated live technology and lighting design. It is the penultimate unit in music performance, further expanding stagecraft, while introducing the use of live backing tracks, samplers, software, MIDI and video to enhance both music and image. This unit is designed to complement Composition: Synthesis and Sampling and Contemporary Musicianship: Harmonic Analysis, which are also technology-focused.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Implement music technology in performance;
2. Use live music software in performance;
3. Justify integrated technologies in performance; and
4. Analyse own performance and the performance of peers.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
5 hours per week.
9743 Performance: Technology on Stage