Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 (10301.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Craig GREBER (Ph: +61 2 62068585 ) INTENSIVE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196296) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188084) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (174006) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The aim of this unit is to introduce the students to the common tools occupational therapists use when working with individuals. These include basic assessments and interventions related to self-care, productivity and leisure. Through a case based format, students will learn how impairments in body structure and function influence occupational performance and participation. Students will have an opportunity to adopt an occupational perspective to the management of these impairments.
This unit is co-taught with 9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of the occupational therapist in the assessment and provision of occupational therapy services for people with impairments;
2. Understand the physiological mechanisms underpinning impairments of some neurological conditions;
3. Exercise competent clinical reasoning in the provision of occupational therapy services to people with impairments; and
4. Apply essential practice education skills (e.g. observation, communication, documentation, manual handling and infection control).
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2020
3 hours per week of interactive workshops.
10299 Introduction to Occupational Therapy
Must be enrolled in 1300 Foundations of Occupational Therapy AND the 373JA Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG