Foundations of Anatomy and Physiology (10298.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Disa PRYOR (Ph: +61 2 62012927 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Kristy MARTIN (Ph: +61 2 62012719 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Disa PRYOR (Ph: +61 2 62012927 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Kristy MARTIN (Ph: +61 2 62012719 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195499) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194013) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191978) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191855) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (182979) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (174064) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide a theoretical overview of the human body. This unit will introduce the student to gross anatomy and will provide familiarity of anatomical and physiological terminology. Unit material will include cellular structure, structure of bone, muscle and connective tissue. This unit will also introduce the student to the physiological foundations and relevant anatomical structures of the human body systems, including: gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, endocrine, immune, integumentary, nervous system and reproductive systems. Furthermore the interactions between these systems will be highlighted and explored to provide a comprehensive understanding of homeostatic control.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Appropriately utilise anatomical and physiological terms;
2. Recognise and describe the function of the following body systems: cells, connective tissue, bone tissue, muscle tissue, nervous, gastrointestinal, immune, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, endocrine, integumentary, and reproductive systems;
3. Identify the cells, tissues and organs involved in the body systems presented within this unit; and
4. Integrate their knowledge of the anatomical and physiological systems presented throughout the unit to: a) provide a thorough understanding of homeostatic control and b) be able to demonstrate the overlapping nature and complexity of the human body.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
2 hour lecture and 2 hour practical/tutorial per week.
Students who have passed 9808 Regional Anatomy and Physiology AND/OR 6529 Systemic Anatomy and Physiology may not undertake this unit.
Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses, 9042.