Integrated Eye Care and Ocular Therapeutics (10296.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Optometry|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Nicola ANSTICE (Ph: +61 2 62068582 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197370) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will see students build on and extend their understanding of the sciences underpinning optometric practice through engagement in problem-based learning cases of common but more complex optometric conditions.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Integrate and synthesise information that would inform an appropriate optometric assessment;
2. Effectively interpret clinical data to assist in the diagnose of an eye/visual system disorder;
3. Compile management plans for 'patients' with eye/visual system disorders; and
4. Communicate effectively with patients and other health/allied health care professionals.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Final examination (45% )
- Mid-semester exam (25% )
- In-class presentation (10% )
- Problem based learning assignment (Part A - online submission of written materials - 15%; Part B - in-class presentation - 5% TOTAL MARK for this assessment item is 20% of the final grade for this unit. )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2020
10 hours per week of problem-based learning.
10289 Functional and Developmental Disorders of Vision A AND 10291 Diseases of the Eye AND 10408 Assessment of Ocular Health AND 10409 Ocular Pharmacology
Must be enrolled in Bachelor of Vision Science, 372JA.