Assessment of Vision 3 (10295.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Optometry|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Nicola ANSTICE (Ph: +61 2 62068582 ) ON-CAMPUS
This unit builds on Assessment of Vision 2 and will provide students with an advanced understanding and application of selected optometric assessments and introduces the student to patient assessment procedures.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply principles of case analysis in the context of the assessment, diagnosis and management of refractive and binocular anomalies;
2. Perform a complete ocular health examination using routine and specialty techniques;
3. Interpret and sequence the eye and vision examination procedures into an efficient and accurate clinical routine;
4. Accurately record clinical results in a manner compliant with legislative framework governing the registered health profession of Optometry in NZ and Australia; and
5. Describe the latest developments in the field of ocular imaging and diagnosis and their clinical relevance. Comment on the potential future directions of the field to assist the clinical-decision making process.
4 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial/practical.
Assessment of Vision 2, 10290,
Assessment of Ocular Health, 10408
Must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Vision Science, 372JA.