Assessment of Vision 2 (10290.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Optometry|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Nicola ANSTICE (Ph: +61 2 62068582 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Nicola ANSTICE (Ph: +61 2 62068582 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (173959) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with an enhanced understanding and application of selected optometric assessments.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the principles of and perform a complete refractive examination on an adult patient using appropriate techniques to within +/-0.50D for sphere and cylinder power and +/-10? for axis;
2. Recognize and record abnormalities of oculomotor and binocular function including heterotropia, heterophoria, incomitant deviations, stereopsis and suppression;
3. Discuss the principles of accommodation and demonstrate the measurement of amplitude of accommodation, accuracy of accommodation, relative accommodation and accommodative facility using appropriate techniques;
4. Identify and apply a variety of further investigative techniques used in optometry;
5. Structure knowledge in clinical contexts;
6. Demonstrate and apply effective communication skills; and
7. Discuss refractive examination cases according to a 10-point case analysis criteria .
4 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial/practical.
Assessment of Vision 1, 10287.
Must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Vision Science, 372JA.