Pathology, Immunology and Microbiology (10288.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Regan ASHBY (Ph: +61 2 62012088 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Regan ASHBY (Ph: +61 2 62012088 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (173957) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with an introduction to the interrelated fields of pathology, immunology and microbiology.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Correlate basic disease states with the overt clinical signs and symptoms seen in specified ocular and systemic disorders;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the different classifications of micro-organisms, their structure/function and respective metabolic demands required to sustain life;
3. Perform basic laboratory based microbiological/immunological techniques; and
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the hosts immunological responses to a microbial challenge.
Four hours per week, consisting of two hours of lectures and two hours of tutorials/practicals.
This unit is only available to students in the Bachelor of Vision Science course.