Assessment of Vision 1 (10287.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Optometry|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Faran SABETI (Ph: +61 2 62068581 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Nicola ANSTICE (Ph: +61 2 62068582 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190716) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183312) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with an introduction to the assessment of selected optometric variables.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the optical principles used in methods designed to collect clinically-relevant data on the structure and function of the eye;
2. Describe and demonstrate appropriate techniques for assessing sensory visual function including vision and visual acuity, visual fields, colour vision, contrast sensitivity;
3. Recognize and record abnormalities of visual function;
4. Perform a satisfactory case history assessment and understand appropriate questions to ask different patients.;
5. Explain and apply optical theory to the objective measurement and of refractive error; and
6. Measure and verify the power of simple spectacle lenses.
4 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial/practical.
Ocular Anatomy and Physiology, 10285, Must be enrolled in Bachelor of Vision Science, 372JA.