Assessment of Vision 1 (10287.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Optometry|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Monica JONG (Ph: +61 2 62068628 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197369) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190716) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183312) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with an introduction to the assessment of selected optometric variables.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the optical principles used in methods designed to collect clinically-relevant data on the structure and function of the eye;
2. Describe and demonstrate appropriate techniques for assessing sensory visual function including vision and visual acuity, visual fields, colour vision, contrast sensitivity;
3. Recognize and record abnormalities of visual function;
4. Perform a satisfactory case history assessment and understand appropriate questions to ask different patients.;
5. Explain and apply optical theory to the objective measurement and of refractive error; and
6. Measure and verify the power of simple spectacle lenses.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
4 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial/practical.
10285 Ocular Anatomy and Physiology AND must be enrolled in the 372JA Bachelor of Vision Science.