Professional Practice 3 PG (10276.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Speech Pathology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS CaraJane MILLAR (Ph: +61 2 62068579 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 2 MS CaraJane MILLAR (Ph: +61 2 62068579 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (174002) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a clinical placement unit that consolidates and advances the application of theory to clinical practice. Students develop entry level clinical skills.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Undertake a variety of assessments for clients with complex communication needs to determine the need for speech pathology services;
2. Make clinical decisions based on critical appraisal of evidence and make modifications based on contextual, ethical and cultural considerations;
3. Develop holistic and client-centred management and treatment plans for a range of clients with complex communication and swallowing disorders with minimal support;
4. Use a variety of oral and written communication strategies considering health literacy;
5. Critically evaluate and synthesise research to inform clinical practice; and
6. Understand the principles of interdisciplinary practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Assessment 1 COMPASS® (This is a hurdle assessment. Students must pass their final COMPASS® to pass this unit. )
- Assessment 2 – Clinical VIVA (This is a Hurdle assignment. Students must pass this assignment to pass the unit. Students are expected to be at entry level on completion of this assessment. )
- Assessment 3 - Evidence Portfolio (This is a hurdle assignment. Students must pass this assessment to pass the unit )
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Semester 2, 2019
Pre-placement workshop during intensive session in week 1; 30 day placement in a clinical setting (this usually is 4 days per week), weekly tutorials and a post-placement workshop in the end of semester intensive.
Must have passed Professional Practice 2 PG, 10275.
Must be enrolled in the Master of Speech Pathology, 371JA.