Professional Practice 2 PG (10275.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Speech Pathology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Winter Term MS CaraJane MILLAR (Ph: +61 2 62068579 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Winter Term MS CaraJane MILLAR (Ph: +61 2 62068579 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (174000) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a clinical placement unit that builds on skills developed in the previous clinical placement. Students will have the opportunity to use theory, the ICF, and interpret and analyse evidence-based research to develop holistic client centred assessment and treatment plans. Students will develop approaching entry level clinical skills in assessment and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders and develop a further understanding of interdisciplinary practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Assess clients with increasingly complex communication and swallowing disorders using informal and formal tests/tasks, with some supervision, assessments to determine the need for speech pathology services;
2. Interpret assessment results to diagnose and treat clients with a range of communication disorders;
3. Develop holistic and client-centred therapy for children or adults with a variety of communication disorders that are supported by theory and the critical appraisal of research;
4. Apply the ICF to assessment and treatment of clients with a range of communication disorders; and
5. Evaluate interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Winter Term, 2019
Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- COMPASS (Hurdle - students must pass this assessment to pass the unit )
- Treatment Case Study (Hurdle - students must pass this assessment to pass the unit )
- Evidence Portfolio (Hurdle - students must pass this assessment to pass the unit. )
- Assessment Case Study (Hurdle - students must pass this assessment to pass the unit. )
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Winter Term, 2019
3 hours pre-placement workshop; 25 day placement in a clinical setting (this can be 2, 3 or 4 days per week), and 3 hours post-placement workshop.
Must have passed Professional Practice 1 PG, 10273.
Must be enrolled in the Master of Speech Pathology, 371JA.