Professional Practice 1 PG (10273.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Speech Pathology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS CaraJane MILLAR (Ph: +61 2 62068579 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Summer Semester MS Elizabeth CLARK (Ph: +61 2 62063962 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 1 MS CaraJane MILLAR (Ph: +61 2 62068579 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (198645) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191944) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a clinical placement unit that builds upon professional practice skills developed during the program. Intermediate clinical skills are developed over the placement. Students apply theoretical and ethical knowledge to assessment, analysis and treatment of adults and children with communication and swallowing disorders. Students will begin to develop an understanding of interprofessional practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Use theory and contextual factors, with support to make clinical decisions about client management;
2. Assess and treat clients with simple communication disorders based on the principles of the ICF, theory and evidence-based practice;
3. Demonstrate, with support, the ability to accommodate the cultural and linguistic backgrounds of clients in service delivery;
4. Reflect on, and modify their clinical practice to assist in competency development; and
5. Explain the principles of Interprofessional practice in different service delivery models.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Pre-placement workshop during intensive session in week 1; 25 day placement in a clinical setting (this can be 2, 3 or 4 days per week) and weekly tutorials and a post-placement workshop in the end of semester intensive.
10267 Principles of Dysphagia PG AND
10269 Speech and Language Disorders - Paediatrics PG AND
10270 Neurogenic Communication Disorders PG AND
10272 Clinical Speech Pathology 2 PG AND
6486 Research Planning PG
Must be enrolled in 371JA Master of Speech Pathology. Must be enrolled in 10271 Specialist Communication Disorders Across the Lifespan PG.