Clinical Speech Pathology 2 PG (10272.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Speech Pathology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Rebecca SUTHERLAND (Ph: +61 2 62068452 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 2 DR Rebecca SUTHERLAND (Ph: +61 2 62068452 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (188323) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (173995) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will explore the range of professional issues that impact and govern the speech pathology profession. The issues of remote service delivery, use of simulations, and assessment and management using the internet will be covered. The unit will facilitate an understanding of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and how to apply the social health principles of individual functioning and well-being to speech pathology practice. The unit will continue to develop students' clinical observation, participation and education skills.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate their understanding of the relationships between ethical, legal and political issues that impact the speech pathology profession;
2. Analyse speech pathology service provision in different states in relation to aspects of the ICF and government policies;
3. Understand the impact that the more challenging barriers to access can have on service provision; and
4. Demonstrate an ability to self-evaluate their skills with clinical data collection, management and analysis and reporting in range of contexts.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
Semester 2, 2018
On-Campus Attendance is expected in Set Time Blocks (INTENSIVE)
- Clinical Evidence Portfolio (40 % )
- Professional Issues Assignment (40% [15 % for tutorial + 20% for conference activity + 5% for written summary] )
- Personal Learning Plans for Clinical Observations and for future Professional Practice Placements (20% [5 % clinical observation plan + 15 % professional practice learning plan] )
- On-Campus Attendance is expected in Set Time Blocks (INTENSIVE)
2 hours per week, consisting of interactive workshops/problem based learning and 6 hours of clinical observation over the duration of the unit.
10268 Clinical Speech Pathology 1 PG AND 10274 Diversity in Communication PG AND 9594 Epidemiology and Principles of Research PG
Must be enrolled in 371JA Master of Speech Pathology AND Must be enrolled in 10269 Speech and Language Disorders - Paediatrics PG.