Specialist Communication Disorders Across the Lifespan PG (10271.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Speech Pathology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Helen SOUTHWOOD (Ph: +61 2 62068420 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 1 DR Helen SOUTHWOOD (Ph: +61 2 62068420 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (193787) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (183209) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is divided into two modules; the first module explores voice disorders, and the second explores fluency disorders. The unit focuses on the characteristics, epidemiology and aetiology of these disorders across the lifespan, and develops competencies in assessment, analysis and management. Specific intervention techniques are studied, in addition to the application of evidence based practice principles.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand assessment protocols, and develop competencies in analysis and interpretation of assessment for diagnosis of voice, and fluency disorders across the lifespan;
2. Analyse and evaluate the theories and processes underlying voice and fluency disorders;
3. Apply clinical reasoning skills, the ICF and evidence-based practice principles to develop assessment and management plans for individuals with voice and fluency disorders; and
4. Apply appropriate intervention techniques through critical analysis and integration of current literature.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
4 hours per week, consisting of lectures/problem based learning/interactive workshops.
10267 Principles of Dysphagia PG AND 10269 Speech and Language Disorders - Paediatrics PG AND 10270 Neurogenic Communication Disorders PG AND 10272 Clinical Speech Pathology 2 PG AND 6486 Research Planning PG
Must be enrolled in 371JA Master of Speech Pathology.