Speech and Language Disorders - Paediatrics PG (10269.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Speech Pathology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Jacqui MCKECHNIE (Ph: +61 2 62068583 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 2 DR Jacqui MCKECHNIE (Ph: +61 2 62068583 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (190006) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180435) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will use a series learning activities to explore developmental and acquired speech and language disorders. Assessment processes, data analysis and interpretation, differential diagnosis, and a holistic approach to planning intervention and management will be covered. The impact of culturally and linguistically diverse populations will also be explored.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Triangulate knowledge of normal speech and language development with data from interaction and assessment to determining diagnosis of speech sound disorders, and/or language delay/disorders in children and adolescents;
2. Select appropriate clinical assessment procedures for speech sound disorders, and language delay/disorders in children and adolescents;
3. Analyse and interpret speech and/or language assessment data to facilitate differential diagnosis of speech sound and/or language delay/disorders;
4. Explain assessment outcomes to diverse audiences;
5. Work collaboratively to plan life goals and client centred evidence-based management for speech sound disorders and language delay/disorders in children and adolescents; and
6. Modify assessments and interventions for diverse client populations e.g. children with cerebral palsy, bilingual children; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance is expected in Set Time Blocks (INTENSIVE)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2019
4 hours per week, consisting of lectures/problem based learning/interactive workshops.
10266 Foundations of Communication Science PG AND 10268 Clinical Speech Pathology 1 PG AND 10274 Diversity in Communication PG AND 6486 Research Planning PG AND 9594 Epidemiology and Principles of Research PG
Must be enrolled in 371JA Master of Speech Pathology. Must be enrolled in 10272 Clinical Speech Pathology 2 PG.