Evidence Based Medicine 2 G (10241.1)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Pharmacy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (171022) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit builds on the knowledge and skills gained in Evidence Based Medicine 1 G. This unit provides the advanced skills to interpret clinical information and data published in the medical literature. Epidemiology and health economic principles will be introduced to facilitate the translation of research data to populations. Skills for communicating information to health professionals and the general public will be developed.
This unit is co-taught with Evidence Based Medicine 2, 9001.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply the basic principles of epidemiology to evidence based medicine;
2. Demonstrate an understand the basic principles of health economics;
3. Evaluate and synthesise health literature; and
4. Develop evidence based health resources intended for health professionals and the general public.
Online modules - 8 hours.
Evidence Based Medicine 1G, 10240.