Contemporary Regional Politics in a Global Context (10237.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178285) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (171010) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to the domestic politics and international context of a specific region, for example Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, North Asia, etc. By taking this detailed approach with a specific regional focus, students will gain an in depth understanding of contemporary debates that impact globally. The unit will cover theoretical approaches to understanding the development experience as well as the nature of difference governmental and governance structures, for example democratisation, authoritarian regimes, and the impact of religion, history and culture. The unit will also contain case studies of individual countries within the specific region in focus.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the historical context of politics in a specific region;
2. Appreciate the complexity, distinctiveness and diversity of politics across nations and regions;
3. Link conceptual and theoretical ideas to political practice in case study countries; and
4. Analyse and explain political events in the region and effectively communicate this information.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
3 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial/workshop.
Politics and Democracy, 675.
Completion of at least 24 credit points.
Politics in Developing Nations, 7081.
- 182JA Bachelor of Accounting
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 946AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Management
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 822AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Management
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 183JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy
- 761AA Bachelor of Business Administration
- 807AA Bachelor of Business Administration/Bachelor of Management
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 208JA Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 279JA Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 184JA Bachelor of Finance
- 185JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- 186JA Bachelor of International Business
- 248JA Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 394AA Bachelor of Management
- 101JA Bachelor of Management / Bachelor of Journalism
- 102JA Bachelor of Management / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 128JA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 187JA Bachelor of Marketing Management
- 237JA Bachelor of Politics & International Relations/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 124JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- 145JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 146JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Business Administration
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 210JA Bachelor of Public Administration
- 188JA Bachelor of Social Science