Integrating Nursing Concepts 5 (Capstone 2) (10207.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Nursing Period 1 DR Rebekah OGILVIE (Ph: +61 2 62068588 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Nursing Period 1 DR Rebekah OGILVIE (Ph: +61 2 62068588 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Nursing Period 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197412) - View
- Nursing Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191902) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Integrating Nursing Concepts 5 is the 2nd capstone unit of the Bachelor of Nursing and endeavours to foster the development of skills, knowledge and attributes required for the provision of safe and quality nursing care across the life span. This unit builds on the framework of the conceptual, theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to provide high quality clinical care underpinned by evidence and is reflective of the professional standards for practice for registered nurses (Nurses' and Midwives Board of Australia). The unit incorporates assessment that prepares students for professional registration as well as enhancing student understanding of the registered nurse as a professional, legal accountability, reflection in practice and teamwork. Particular emphasis is placed on health across the lifespan and will focus on chronic and complex care, as well as healthy aging.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Think critically, seek expert advice and apply a variety of strategies and best available contemporary evidence to clinical decision making and informed care planning of individuals, families and communities;
2. Integrate a well-developed understanding of the Registered nurse standards for practice into complex care;
3. Effectively engage contemporary evidence to inform nursing practice and clinical decision making;
4. Initiate and maintain therapeutic and professional relationships with patients and members of the interdisciplinary team;
5. Critically reflect on personal learning and clinical practice to enable continuing professional development of self;
6. Know the national health priority areas and implement strategies that contribute to better health outcomes for people;
7. Apply the principles of quality use of medications to patient care; and
8. Practice in ways that ensure care is respectful and supportive of people with diverse backgrounds.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Nursing Period 1, 2020
- Nursing Period 1, 2019
5 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour on-campus Interactive workshop; 1 hour pre-workshop learning activities; 2 hours on-campus simulation. 80 hours of Workplace practicum.
10206 Integrating Nursing Concepts 4 OR 9061 Learning for Professional Practice 4
Must be enrolled in 364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced. Must be enrolled in 10199 Health Across the Lifespan: Chronic and Complex Care OR 9048 Nursing Caring and Inquiry: Complexity.
9047 Learning for Professional Practice 5