Integrating Nursing Concepts 4 (10206.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Jane FROST (Ph: +61 2 62068692 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Catherine MCGRORY (Ph: +61 2 62015124 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196304) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189832) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Integrating Nursing Concepts 4 is the 2nd integration unit of Phase Two of the course and endeavours to foster the development of skills, knowledge and attributes required for the provision of safe and quality nursing care of those with mental and acute adult health issues. This unit builds on the framework of the conceptual, theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to provide high quality clinical care underpinned by evidence that is reflective of the professional standards for practice for registered nurses (Nurses' and Midwives Board of Australia). The unit incorporates assessment that prepares students for professional registration as well as enhancing student understanding of the registered nurse as a professional, legal accountability, reflection in practice and teamwork. Particular emphasis is placed on health across the lifespan and will focus on mental health as well as acute adult health issues.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically and comprehensively assess the nursing care needs of individuals with mental health issues;
2. Critically and comprehensively assess the nursing care needs of adults with acute care needs;
3. Further develop capacity for effective and safe planning and delivery of nursing care;
4. Further develop effectively and efficiently engage contemporary evidence to inform nursing practice;
5. Critically evaluate the outcomes of nursing care with people with mental health issues;
6. Critically evaluate the outcomes of nursing care of adults with acute care needs;
7. Practice in ways that ensure care is respectful and supportive of people with diverse backgrounds; and
8. Demonstrate the ability to reflect in and on practice so as to inform further development of safe and quality nursing practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
5 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour Interactive workshop; 1 hour Pre-workshop learning activities; 2 hour simulation.
10205 Integrating Nursing Concepts 3 OR 9046 Learning for Professional Practice 3
Must be enrolled in 364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced. Must be enrolled in 10198 Health Across the Lifespan: Adult Acute Health Issues OR 9049 Nursing Caring and Inquiry: Foundational.
9061 Learning for Professional Practice 4