Integrating Nursing Concepts 2 (Capstone 1) (10204.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Alicia HIND (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MS Alicia HIND (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196293) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188081) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184168) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Integrating Nursing Concepts 2 (INC 2) represents the first capstone unit of the course and provides students with the opportunity to integrate learning from foundation units across Phase One. The unit engages the concepts from those units and applies them to contemporary nursing practice through immersive simulation, interactive workshops and workplace experience. The goal of the unit is to further develop conceptual understanding of foundational critical principles as a basis for practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate the role comprehensive health assessment plays in providing safe and quality nursing care for individuals, families and communities;
2. Demonstrate foundational skills in effective planning, delivery and evaluation of safe and quality nursing care;
3. Engage, beyond the foundation level, with contemporary evidence to inform nursing practice;
4. Demonstrate foundational skills in effective communication within the interdisciplinary healthcare team;
5. Demonstrate the ability to reflect in and on practice so as to inform further development of safe and quality nursing care;
6. Demonstrate an effective use of knowledge of the healthcare care system;
7. Engage consumers as partners in their own care through effective listening and meaningful communication; and
8. Practice in ways that ensure care is respectful and supportive of people with diverse backgrounds.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
Semester 2, 2018
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assessment 1. Quizzes There will be five quizzes throughout semester. They will open at the beginning of week 2, 4, 6, 9 & 11 and remain open for two weeks. ( 4% each - total of 20% of final grade. )
- Assessment 2: Evidence for Practice essay. (30% )
- Assessment 3: Objective Structured Clinical Assessment (OSCA) (50% (Please note: students must pass OSCA to pass the Unit). )
- Assessment 4: Participation in 80% of learning activities. (Non-graded pass/fail )
- Assessment 5: Clinical placement. (Non-graded Pass/Fail only )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
5 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour Interactive workshop, 1 hour online Pre-workshop learning activities and 2 hour Simulation.
10203 Integrating Nursing Concepts 1 OR
9049 Nursing Caring and Inquiry: Foundational
Must be enrolled in 364JA/885AA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced. Students must also be enrolled in 10191 Foundations for Professional Practice 2 OR 9067 Alterations in Health 1.
Learning for Professional Practice 2, 9060.