Integrating Nursing Concepts 1 (10203.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Courtney HAYES (Ph: +61 2 62015315 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MRS Courtney HAYES (Ph: +61 2 62015315 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193549) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188479) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184165) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Integrating Nursing Concepts 1 (INC1) provides students with the opportunity to integrate learning from foundation units: Foundations of Anatomy and Physiology; Foundations of Professional Planning and Therapeutic Use of Self 1. INC1 engages the concepts from those units and applies them to contemporary nursing practice through immersive simulation, interactive workshops and an observational workplace experience (40 hours). The goal of the unit is to develop conceptual understanding of critical principles as a foundation for future practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate the role assessment has in determining nursing care for individuals, families and communities;
2. Discuss the role of effective planning, delivery and evaluation of nursing care;
3. Engage at a foundational level with contemporary evidence to inform nursing practice;
4. Practice in ways that ensure care is respectful and supportive of people with diverse backgrounds;
5. Articulate the need and identify strategies for nurses to use effective communication within the healthcare team; and
6. Explain how reflection supports safe and quality nursing practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Semester 1, 2018
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- 1. Essay – Evidence for practice: What is evidence? ( 30% Word count: 1200 words (+/- 10%) )
- 2. Online Quizzes x 10 ( 20% (each quiz is worth 2% of the final grade) )
- 3.Objective Structured Clinical Assessment (OSCA) (50% )
- 4. Participation in 80% of Interactive Seminars and 80% of the Clinical workshops (Non -graded pass )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
5 hours per week, consisting of 1 hour online Pre-workshop learning activities, 2 hour Interactive workshop and 2 hour Simulation.
Must be enrolled in a Nursing degree AND 10194 Therapeutic Use of Self 1 OR 9043 Contexts of Health and Wellbeing.
Learning for Professional Practice 1, 9045.