Health Across the Lifespan: Healthy Ageing (10200.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Nursing Period 1 MS Alicia HIND (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Nursing Period 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197411) - View
- Nursing Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191901) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit provides students with the opportunity to develop in-depth understanding of healthy ageing. It will examine both wellbeing and illness in the older adult. This unit will explore attitudes to the older adult and challenge stereotypical ideas of aging as well as providing insight into age related disorders and the complexity of ill health in the older adult.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recognise and explain the importance of the ageing person's role in determining their own life and health context;
2. Discuss the role of the nurse and wider healthcare team in supporting ageing people's health choices;
3. Demonstrate the capacity to engage with ageing people from diverse populations;
4. Partner with older people in the planning, delivery and evaluation of integrated health management; and
5. Describe and discuss the physiological changes associated with ageing in the context of ability and disability.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Nursing Period 1, 2020
- Nursing Period 1, 2019
3 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour Interactive workshop and 1 hour online Pre-workshop learning activities.
10195 Therapeutic Use of Self 2 OR
9065 Nursing Caring and Inquiry: Chronicity
Must be enrolled in 364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced.
9058 Evidence Based Health Care