Health Across the Lifespan: Adult Acute Health Issues (10198.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MRS Elyse LADBROOK (Ph: +61 2 62015130 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Elyse LADBROOK (Ph: +61 2 62015130 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189829) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops a focused understanding of the acute health issues experienced by adults in the Australian community. The unit follows on from Health Across the Lifespan: Child and Family Health developing understanding of the acute health needs of adults.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Communicate a conceptual understanding of the care of an adult patient experiencing acute health issues;
2. Differentiate the care needs of adults experiencing acute medical, trauma and/or surgical health issues;
3. Plan the assessment and care of adults experiencing acute medical, trauma and/or surgical health issues;
4. Articulate the evidence underpinning the guidelines for safe and quality use of medicines and blood related products in acute adult care settings; and
5. Demonstrate the importance of incorporating patients and families into the planning, delivery and evaluation of care in adults experiencing acute health issues.
3 hours per week, consisting of 1 hour online preparation for Interactive Workshop and 2 hours Interactive Workshops.
Must be enrolled in 885AA/364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced. Must be enrolled in or have already passed 10206 Integrating Nursing Concepts 4 OR 9061 Learning for Professional Practice 4.