Health Across the Lifespan: Adult Acute Health Issues (10198.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MRS Elyse LADBROOK (Ph: +61 2 62015130 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Elyse LADBROOK (Ph: +61 2 62015130 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196288) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189829) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops a focused understanding of the acute health issues experienced by adults in the Australian community. The unit follows on from Health Across the Lifespan: Child and Family Health developing understanding of the acute health needs of adults.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Communicate a conceptual understanding of the care of an adult patient experiencing acute health issues;
2. Differentiate the care needs of adults experiencing acute medical, trauma and/or surgical health issues;
3. Plan the assessment and care of adults experiencing acute medical, trauma and/or surgical health issues;
4. Articulate the evidence underpinning the guidelines for safe and quality use of medicines and blood related products in acute adult care settings; and
5. Demonstrate the importance of incorporating patients and families into the planning, delivery and evaluation of care in adults experiencing acute health issues.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours per week, consisting of 1 hour online preparation for Interactive Workshop and 2 hours Interactive Workshops.
Must be enrolled in 885AA/364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced. Must be enrolled in or have already passed 10206 Integrating Nursing Concepts 4 OR 9061 Learning for Professional Practice 4.