Therapeutic Use of Self 2 (10195.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Mary-Ellen DOHERTY (Ph: +61 2 62012341 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MRS Mary-Ellen DOHERTY (Ph: +61 2 62012341 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193541) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189826) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in Therapeutic Use of Self 1. The unit focuses on 'knowing self' in the development and maintenance of therapeutic alliances in healthcare. Students will extend their practice of reflection for achieving further personal and professional insights.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Actively identify and moderate the impact of bias and stigma on therapeutic use of self;
2. Describe and discuss the interplay of personal and professional values to enable the experience of engaging in therapeutic relationships with consumers, family, peers and community;
3. Identify and use strategies to maintain the integrity of self and personal pliancy through intra and interaction with people in healthcare practice;
4. Demonstrate independence in developing interpersonal communication skills; and
5. Demonstrate advanced critical professional reflective practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour Interactive workshops and 1 hour online Pre-Workshop activities.
10194 Therapeutic Use of Self 1 OR 9043 Contexts of Health and Wellbeing
Must be enrolled in 364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced.