Clinical Governance (10193.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Nursing Period 1 MS Emily WALLIS (Ph: +61 2 62015103 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MS Emily WALLIS (Ph: +61 2 62015103 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Nursing Period 1 MS Emily WALLIS (Ph: +61 2 62015103 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MS Emily WALLIS (Ph: +61 2 62015103 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Nursing Period 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197409) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192169) - View
- Nursing Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191899) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides students with the opportunity to examine the issues involved in a workplace typified by change, complexity and ambiguity. Concepts associated with clinical governance are analysed and evaluated as critical for safe, culturally respectful and effective care. The unit focuses on quality improvement mechanisms and the provision of safe evidence-based care including the management and amelioration of clinical risk. Students will be challenged to explore the clinical management skills required to enable effective teamwork.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Examine the critical role of nursing in clinical governance;
2. Evaluate the key skills of clinical management for quality-improvement;
3. Apply the principles of managing complex physical and human resources within diverse clinical settings;
4. Discuss and describe the use of risk frameworks to aid identification and amelioration of clinical risk;
5. Critically evaluate practice to further develop the role of risk management by nurses; and
6. Critically analyse the role of nurses in advocating for improved patient outcomes.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Nursing Period 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Nursing Period 1, 2019