Built Environment Technology 3 (10189.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190972) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176290) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169371) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will be developing technical documentation for medium to large scale buildings and structures, their architecture, construction, structural, environmental characteristics, and site investigation. Students will explore advanced and future structures, materials and services. Students will be introduced to international standards and emerging issues of internationalised material production and selection. Students will be required to engage with the professions, industry specialists and experts.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate appropriate building systems for medium to large scale buildings and structures;
2. Select and assess materials appropriate to meet changing environmental and industry needs;
3. Formulate design and construction decisions for increasingly complex and international project contexts; and
4. Test principles of collaborative practice in built environment professions.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- ASSIGNMENT 1 is in 2 parts: ASSIGNMENT 1a (Individual assignment, 10%) - Studio Participation and ASSIGNMENT 1b (Group Assignment, 25%) - Carparking, Form and Structure (35% )
- ASSIGNMENT 2 (Individual Assignment) – Core design, detailing and documentation (35% )
- ASSIGNMENT 3 (Individual Assignment) – Envelope design, detailing and documentation (30% )
- PLEASE NOTE: ()
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hours per week.
10188 Built Environment 2, OR
8397 Architecture Technology 1.
8402 Architecture Technology 2.