Built Environment Technology 2 (10188.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190970) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176289) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (173984) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169370) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will be looking at small to medium scale buildings and structures, their architecture, construction, structural, environmental characteristics, and site investigation. Integration of building services requirements into structural design and construction of small to medium scale buildings and structures are analysed. Students demonstrate application of materials in construction through precedence analysis, experimentation and documentation. Students will apply appropriate Australian standards and building codes and illustrate these through technical documentation.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Select and recommend appropriate building system selection for small to medium scale buildings and structures;
2. Apply knowledge of material properties and selection for building and architectural applications;
3. Analyse the impact of historic precedence on contemporary construction;
4. Examine architectural and construction parameters in order to understand how structure, building services, and environmental performance integrate.
5. Apply relevant Australian standards and building codes.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- ASSIGNMENT 1 is in 2 parts: Assignment 1a (individual assignment, 10%) - Studio Participation and Assignment 1b (group assignment, 25%) – Form, Fenestration and Structure (35% )
- ASSIGNMENT 2 (Individual Assignment) - Finishes, services and detailing (35% )
- ASSIGNMENT 3 (individual assignment) - Conforming to Regulatory Aspects and Documentation (30% )
- PLEASE NOTE: ()
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
Three hours of lecture and/or tutorials and/or workshops on-campus per week.
8335 Technology Laboratory OR 10187 Built Environment Technology 1
8330 Digital Environment OR 11021 BE: Visual Communication
8397 Architecture Technology 1