Addressing Challenges in Early Childhood Education (10181.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Zinnia MEVAWALLA (Ph: +61 2 62063868 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Zinnia MEVAWALLA (Ph: +61 2 62063868 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186728) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177460) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will contextualise contemporary challenges in early childhood educational environments. Students will extend their knowledge and skills when planning teaching and learning for a diverse range of students including students from an EAL/D and culturally diverse backgrounds, Indigenous students and students with a disability. Students will also consider how students transition from early childhood settings to school settings. Students will propose an action research project based on a contemporary challenge as professional learning to improve their teaching.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Differentiate lesson and unit plans to cater for learner diversity within their early childhood classrooms;
2. Identify and evaluate effective strategies to address potential challenges early childhood educators may experience; and
3. Plan action research projects as professional learning to improve their teaching.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
3 hours per week, consisting of lectures and workshops.
Must have passed 72 credit points including 9869 Designing Learning for Diversity and Inclusion AND 10177 Inclusion and Intervention in the Early Years AND 10178 Philosophies and Pedagogies in Early Childhood Education.