Leadership in Early Childhood Education (10180.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Deborah PINO PASTERNAK (Ph: +61 2 62012808 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Deborah PINO PASTERNAK (Ph: +61 2 62012808 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186884) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182456) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (174804) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Leadership underpins the pedagogy and management of early childhood settings and is a key factor in the delivery of quality early childhood education. In this unit students will explore the contexts and complexities in early childhood leadership. Topics of study will include theories of leadership, pedagogical leadership, governance, strategic planning, financial management, working with staff members, families and the community as well as advocacy. Students will be positioned as learners and leaders in addition to managers and advocates.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the complexities of leadership in early childhood settings;
2. Articulate practices to effectively lead staff members and move early childhood settings forward;
3. Articulate practices in working with staff, parents and the community; and
4. Advocate for early childhood education, children?s rights and social justice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
3 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour workshop and 1 hour of lectures.
Must have passed 72 credit points including 10177 Inclusion and Intervention in the Early Years AND 10178 Philosophies and Pedagogies in Early Childhood Education.