Pedagogy of Relationships in Early Childhood Education (10170.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Kym SIMONCINI (Ph: +61 2 62012505 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Kym SIMONCINI (Ph: +61 2 62012505 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186767) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182477) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169345) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the premise of relationships being the core of early childhood education. It construes the nature of relationships with others and the environment as being secure, respectful and reciprocal and will be investigated within a framework of diversity, communities and ethics.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to support children to develop and maintain effective relationships toward themselves and others, and to promote positive behaviour to this end;
2. Demonstrate the application of strategies to guide responsible and restorative behaviours within relationships between children, adults and peers in a safe and supportive group environment;
3. Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and strategies to work in partnership with families and community toward educative and caring appropriate to each child and culture;
4. Demonstrate the knowledge, aptitude and skills required to be culturally competent and ensure the participation of all children and families in early education. It includes actively contributing to children?s curiosity and valuing of individual, familial and cultural diversity; and
5. Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and techniques for collaboration with others in the inclusion of all children who may need further support.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours per week, consisting of workshops and 40 hours of placement.