Applied Data Analysis in Sport PG (10157.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Jocelyn MARA (Ph: +61 2 62015929 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 1 DR Jocelyn MARA (Ph: +61 2 62015929 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (193792) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188819) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (190136) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (184962) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180029) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164573) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (163123) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides advanced knowledge of the management, analysis, interpretation and communication of data related to high performance sport. Students will use the data analysis program R to critically analyse and interpret sports data. The unit will provide students with programming skills to manage sports data efficiently and automate data processes.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse and interpret sports data using the data analysis program R;
2. Effectively visualise and communicate data to a variety of audiences in sport; and
3. Efficiently manage and transform sports data using data science techniques.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Semester 2, 2018
All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- Activity 1: Describing and Summarising Sports Data (20% )
- Activity 2: Exploratory Data Analysis, Probability and Statistical Methods (20% )
- Activity 3: Correlations, Associations and Linear Regression (20% )
- Activity 4: Linear Mixed Models and Non-Linear Regression (20% )
- Multiple Choice Quiz (20% )
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
Online class contact 3.5 hours per week.
Basic word processing and spreadsheet capabilities.