Applied Data Analysis in Sport PG (10157.2)
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Jocelyn MARA (Ph: +61 2 62015929 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ONLINE, BRUCE (200766) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (193792) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188819) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (190136) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (184962) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180029) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164573) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (163123) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides advanced knowledge of the management, analysis, interpretation and communication of data related to high performance sport. Students will use the data analysis program R to critically analyse and interpret sports data. The unit will provide students with programming skills to manage sports data efficiently and automate data processes.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse and interpret sports data using the data analysis program R;
2. Effectively visualise and communicate data to a variety of audiences in sport; and
3. Efficiently manage and transform sports data using data science techniques.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Semester 2, 2018
All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- Activity 1: Describing and Summarising Sports Data (20% )
- Activity 2: Exploratory Data Analysis, Probability and Statistical Methods (20% )
- Activity 3: Correlations, Associations and Linear Regression (20% )
- Activity 4: Linear Mixed Models and Non-Linear Regression (20% )
- Multiple Choice Quiz (20% )
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
Online class contact 3.5 hours per week.
Basic word processing and spreadsheet capabilities.