Exploring Digital Heritage (10154.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 2 DR Tim SHERRATT (Ph: +61 2 62012591 ) FLEXIBLE 2018 Semester 2 DR Tim SHERRATT (Ph: +61 2 62012591 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 2 DR Tim SHERRATT (Ph: +61 2 62012591 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will examine how digital tools and techniques can be used to extend our understanding of cultural heritage theory and practice. From the now familiar world of blogs and social media, through to big data and computer vision, technology is changing the way we work within cultural heritage. Students will investigate these new methods of research and representation, analysing their implications and experimenting with data, text, and images. Through practical exercises using a range of digital tools, students will gain skills, confidence, and critical insights into the future of cultural heritage practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Categorise and compare a range of digital tools and techniques, relating them to needs and opportunities within the cultural heritage sector;
2. Analyse the political, social, and ethical implications of the use of digital technologies within cultural heritage research and practice;
3. Employ a variety of digital tools and techniques to analyse, enrich, and visualise cultural heritage data; and
4. Use digital tools to engage audiences with cultural heritage collections and projects.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Seminar/workshop of 3 hours per week.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 955AA Bachelor of Cultural Heritage
- 215JA Bachelor of Heritage, Museums and Conservation