Information Sciences Internship (Extended) (10152.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Semester 2 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (193709) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (185587) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (185300) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182030) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182029) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (166398) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (165573) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (163104) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit bridges and extends the classroom knowledge and the real working environments. It provides an extended intensive period where realistic and comprehensive understanding of the complexity of professional settings can be experienced. Students are required to extend their engagement in everyday workplace activity where they can examine theories and practices, and refine their own developing understanding of professional practice. The internship extension is a tangible link between the university and the workplace and benefits graduate employability.
On successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the acquisition of work experience and transferable skills through extended engagement in the workplace;
2. Communicate, interact and work with colleagues;
3. Demonstrate engagement with authentic professional work problem solving by using methods and theories gained in the course;
4. Critically reflect upon and evaluate work practices, standards and cultures;
5. Evaluate own professional development towards graduate capability; and
6. Demonstrate the development of new skills and refine others.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
120 hours in workplace and up to 6 hours on campus in total
Must have passed 48 credit points in the course and have permission from the Unit Convener.
7899 Information Sciences Internship